Tools to Help You Win the Challenge
We've made it easy to help you spread the word about the Books 4 Our School challenge. Below are flyers, sample mesasges, and graphics to simplify your life. Use these tools to rally fellow parents and community members to vote for your child's school.
Facebook Twitter Your Organization's Newsletters Flyers & Logo Online Ads for Your Website
Sample Status Updates to Post on Facebook
- Click the Facebook icon up top to share the challenge with your network
- Update your status regularly through April 30, 2012 to encourage your network to vote for your child's school. Copy and paste the following:
- "I just entered my kid's school in the Books 4 Our School Challenge to win free books for their library -- Help us win by voting for [fill in your child's school] at Books4OurSchool.org!"
- "Help us win free books for my kid's school library by voting for [fill in your child's school] at books4ourschool.org!"
- "We can get 75-100 new books for our kid's school library for free! Head to books4ourschool.org and vote for [fill in your child's school]! Let's see if we can win brand new books!
- "Did you know that acess to books improves students' reading achievements? Help us win 75-100 new books for our kid's school library and vote for [fill in your child's school] at books4ourschool.org
Sample Tweets to Send to Followers on Twitter (in 140 characters or less)
- Click the Twitter icon up top to tweet the challenge out to your followers
- Tweet out the challenge regularly through April 30, 2012 using #books4ourschool to raise awareness
- Sample Tweets (140 characters or less) to copy and paste:
I just entered my kid’s school in #books4ourschool challenge. Help us win free books by voting for [kid’s school] at books4ourschool.org
Parents, need your help to get free books for our kid’s school library! Vote for [kid’s school] at books4ourschool.org #books4ourschool
#books4ourschool is giving out free books. Help our kid’s school win by voting for [kid’s school] at books4ourschool.org
Help! Vote for [kid's school] at books4ourschool.org, so we can win new books for the library #books4ourschool
Sample Copy to Use in Your Organization's Newsletters
For parents who are part of organizations like parent support groups or PTAs, with internal newsletters, here are some brief descriptions you can copy and paste into your text. You can also download the Books 4 Our School logo to accompany the copy. Click the link, right click the logo, then hit "Save Image As..."
- Help Our Kids Get Free Books! Let's show our school spirit and win brand new books from the Brooke Jackman Foundation and NYMetroParents. We need everyone to sign up to enter—the schools with the most spirit will win new books for their library. Let's be one of the winners! Vote at books4ourschool.org
- We Want to Win Free Books for Our School! The Brooke Jackman Foundation and NYMetroParents is giving brand new books to the schools with the most spirit. We need everyone to sign up to vote for [School]. Let's be one of the winning schools. Cast your vote at books4ourschoool.org
- Did you know that many school libraries are being forced to close or reduce operating hours? Access to print materials improves reading performance and causes kids to read more and for longer lenghts of time. Let's help our kids by winning books for the school's library, thanks to the Brooke Jackman Foundation and NYMetroParents. Vote at books4ourschool.org.
Books 4 Our School Challenge Flyers & Logo
Here are some ideas of where to post Books 4 Our School challenge flyers to get the community involved in winning free books for your local schools.
Download the PDF and post flyers to:
- School bulletin boards
- After-school program bulletin boards
- Local libraries
- Local grocery store or market
Download the Books 4 Our School flyer to print out. Fill in the blank with your school name. Then, make copies in color or black and white.
Download the Books 4 Our School logo to use on your promotional materials. Click the link, right click the logo, then hit "Save Image As..."
Right click, then copy and paste the button or banner ad
to use on your website. Resize the image accordingly. Both ads are already linked to Books 4 Our School challenge, so you don't have to worry about adding in your own!