NYMetroParents Celebrates Soccer
NO PURCHASE, DONATION OR FEE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE OR DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ANY CHANCE OF WINNING.
SWEEPSTAKES DISCRIPTION: NYMetroParents is making it possible for 8 youth soccer teams to win an exclusive prize. Parents are encouraged to simply vote for their child’s team via a quick online mechanism at the website www.nymetroparents.com/soccer. Parents are encouraged to have other teammate parents also register and enter, thereby creating more chances for any team to win. A random drawing will take place from among all entries, on or around 1pm on 10/16/14.The 8 winning teams --- will come from the magazine’s districts: NYC, Queens, Brooklyn, Westchester, Fairfield, Nassau, Suffolk and Rockland/Bergen will each win:
- a team, coaches and parents outing to the Oct. 25, 2014 New York Cosmos match, (which will include up to 20 tickets to the game, 20 refreshment vouchers and 20 t-shirts). Retail Value for 180 total packages: $4960
The following terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the NYMetroParents Celebrate Soccer (2014) (the "SWEEPSTAKES") sponsored by (“Sponsors”):
Davler Media Group, 1412 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10018
New York Cosmos, 100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd, Suite 503, Garden City, NY 11530
1) Eligibility. The SWEEPSTAKES is open to organized Youth Soccer teams (each a “Team”) operating in the following areas: Queens, Brooklyn, New York City, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County, Rockland/Bergen County and Fairfield County. Those entering on behalf of a Team must be legal residents of the United States of America who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Contest participants will be subscribed to the NYMetroParents’ eNewsletter. (Recipients of the newsletter may opt out at any time they choose in the future). Prizes will only be awarded to a team/organization. No prizes will be awarded to any individual.
EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF THE SPONSORS AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES ARE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
2) Agreement to Official Rules. By participating in the SWEEPSTAKES, all Participants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether a Team receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set for herein. The SWEEPSTAKES is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited or restricted.
3) SWEEPSTAKES Period. The SWEEPSTAKES begins on August 12, 2014 at 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. Time Zone (“EST”)) and ends on October 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM EST (the "SWEEPSTAKES Period"). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the SWEEPSTAKES.
4) How to Enter. During the SWEEPSTAKES Period, Participants (“Participants”) visit www.nymetroparents.com/celebratesoccer and complete the Celebrate Soccer entry form which will automatically register them for the NYMetroParents email newsletter registration, if they are not already a subscriber. Participants must have a valid personal email address to participate and may only register once. Only one ballot and one vote per Participant. Only votes made online by eligible Participants during the SWEEPSTAKES Period will be counted. No group registration, group votes or mail-in votes are permitted and are void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and are void.
5) Award Notification. Award winners will be notified by email (or other contact information provided) and announced on the NYMetroParents Website www.nymetroparents.com within 24 hours after the end of the SWEEPSTAKES or as soon thereafter as commercially practical.
6) Winner Requirements. A representative with the power to make legally binding decisions on behalf of the Team indicated by the winning Participant will be required to sign and return to Sponsors, within 5 days of the date on notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release and/or any additional documentation or paperwork required by Sponsors in order to claim the applicable prize.
7) Award Winner Verification and Acceptance. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify both the entrant’s and winning Team’s agreement and consent that Sponsors and its designees may use both the entrant’s and winning Team’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the SWEEPSTAKES for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the Participants whose Submissions featured the winning Teams shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsors the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. These entrants accept and acknowledge that Sponsors shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsors in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsors shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsors chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
a) Eight(8) Youth Soccer Teams will be awarded a prize package.
i.) Each prize package will include: an outing to the October 25, New York Cosmos soccer match for up to 20 individuals from the Team, a refreshment voucher at the game for the 20 individuals attending and a Cosmos t-shirt for up to 20 individuals.
ii) Eight (8) teams will be randomly selected, from all the Participants entered into the SWEEPSTAKES, during the SWEEPSTAKES Period.
Chances of Winning An Award. The chance of an eligible Team receiving an Award depends on the number of eligible votes cast for the Team during the SWEEPSTAKES Period and the number of teams entered.
9) Forfeiture of Awards. Noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if an Award winner cannot be reached at the last known contact information, or if any Award or Award notification is returned as unclaimed, refused or undeliverable for any reason, that Award will be forfeited and Sponsors will have no further obligation to the winner. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to award a forfeited Award to a runner up in the award category at issue.
10) Taxes/fees. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, surcharges, and any other costs or expenses associated with (i) participating in the SWEEPSTAKES are the sole responsibility of each Team and (ii) accepting and using an Award are the sole responsibility of each Award winner.
11) Transfers/Substitutions. Winners may not transfer Awards or redeem non-cash Awards for cash. No substitutions will be permitted except that Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, as deemed necessary and appropriate by Sponsors. All Awards details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
12) Publicity, Release, Materials and Postings. Participants agree to the public use of their name, address, photograph, likeness and other provided biographical information by Sponsors and its affiliates for legal compliance and marketing and promotional activities related to the SWEEPSTAKES during and after the SWEEPSTAKES Period, including without limitation, posting a Participant's name on "leader boards," Participant lists, Award winners lists, SWEEPSTAKES marketing and advertising materials (which may incorporate Sponsors’ or other affiliated parties' names, brands, products and services) and on banners, message boards, forums, blogs and online social community network profiles and groups on the Sponsors’ Website ("Sponsors Materials"), without notice and without compensation, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any Participant. Except as required by law, nothing herein shall require or obligate Sponsors to use or disclose any entrant's name, address, photograph, likeness, etc., for any reason.
13) Limitation of Liability / Exclusion of Representations and Warranties. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, ITS AFFILIATES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, RETAILERS AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES, PARTICIPATING TEAMS , AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM ANY AND ALL CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR INCREASED DAMAGES AND THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY), LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT LIMITED TO THE ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE (OR MISUSE) OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY DELAY, INTERRUPTION, EARLY TERMINATION OR FORFEITURE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSORS OR ITS AFFILIATES AND REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CONSEQUENCES, LIABILITY, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER AGREE THAT RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES, OF ANY KIND, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ACTS OF NATURE, ACTS OF GOVERNMENT, ACTS OF TERROR, ACTS OF WAR, CIVIL UNREST, LABOR SHORTAGES AND/OR STRIKES, EVEN IF SPONSORS OR ANY OF THE OTHER PARTIES WERE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH EVENTS OCCURRING.
Except as expressly stated herein, the Released Parties make no representations or warranties of any kind and expressly disclaim any implied representations and warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use or noninfringement or affiliation or sponsorship of any Team. Sponsors do not authorize anyone to make any representation or warranty of any kind on Sponsors’ behalf and you may not rely on any third party statement of warranty as a representation or warranty by Sponsors.
14) Indemnification. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT'S AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES, COSTS AND LITIGATION EXPENSES) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY CAUSE OR ACTION RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT RESTRICTION THE AWARD, ACCEPTANCE AND USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND/OR THE REPRODUCTION, USE, PUBLICATION, DISPLAY, DISTRIBUTION OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF THE CONTENT (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) OF ANY POSTING (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) SUBMITTED BY PARTICIPANTS TO SPONSORS.
15) General Terms:
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS BY A PARTICIPANT, POTENTIAL AWARD WINNER OR AWARD WINNER, OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PARTICIPANT, POTENTIAL AWARD WINNER OR AN AWARD WINNER, THAT WILL BRING SPONSORS OR ANY OTHER PARTY INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSORS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, TERMINATION AND FORFEITURE OF ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A PARTICIPANT, POTENTIAL AWARD WINNER AND/OR AWARD WINNER.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL DAMAGES FROM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBLE PARTIES.
Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify any transmission or other activity not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort (including any entry that is not received due to internet failure). Sponsors are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the SWEEPSTAKES, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel the SWEEPSTAKES based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability to any Participant or other person or entity. Sponsors assumes no responsibility for the incorrect or inaccurate posting of information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the SWEEPSTAKES or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Postings in the SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to a Participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials (including, without limitation, the Sponsors Materials) for the SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any materials, administration of the SWEEPSTAKES, or in the announcement of the Awards or Award winners. If, for any reason, a particular team is not capable of being offered and/or donated to as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the SWEEPSTAKES, Sponsors reserves the right in their sole discretion to suspend, terminate, or modify these Terms and/or the SWEEPSTAKES.
16) Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction of Disputes. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York (U.S.A.), without application of conflict of law or choice of law provisions of any jurisdiction. All disputes arising out of or connected with the SWEEPSTAKES will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York County, New York. Each Participant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts.
17) These Terms may not be amended, modified or waived except in a writing signed by a duly authorized officer of Sponsors. Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend, modify or waive these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice or the consent of Participants or any other third party. These Terms will be posted on Sponsors’ Website for the SWEEPSTAKES Period and until such time as the SWEEPSTAKES is terminated and all Awards given in accordance herewith.
18) Winner's List. For a list of Award winners, visit Sponsors’ Website on or after Nov. 1, 2014. Alternatively, for a list of Award winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Davler Media Group, LLC, Celebrate Soccer, 1412 Broadway, 9th Fl., New York, NY 10018.
19) Any questions or comments concerning these Terms or the SWEEPSTAKES must be directed to: Davler Media Group, LLC, Celebrate Soccer, 1412 Broadway, 9th Fl., New York, NY 10018 OFFICIAL RULES